Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Persian Food

Braden and I (and Eve of course) had the pleasure of having a little dinner date with another couple. Farrah, whom I work with is from Iran and so is her husband. So when we decided to get together last week she offered to make us "real" Persian food. I was really excited about it, I had never had authentic Persian food and I love trying new food. The salad to the dinner was cut up celery, red onions, tomatoes, and cucumber with a light vinaigrette kind of sauce. I really liked it, I also learned that traditionally in Persian food, cucumber is often present, as kind of a staple to all meals. We also had tender beef kabobs over rice with saffron. I have never had saffron before, mainly because it is actually quite hard to find, and pretty expensive. I had my first taste of pan fried eggplant as well.
Eve had a very good time, Farrah and her husband Mark loved her! She got so much attention, and you could tell she loved it. She also had her first taste of  a strawberry, I know you are not supposed to give a baby strawberries until they are a little bit older, but I couldn't resist, she wouldn't take her eyes off them when they were on the table. So I let her have a taste, any time I would try to take it away she would grab my hands and bring it back to her mouth. But she did eventually get distracted with the only other thing she likes more than food, her bottle.
Eve passed out, I love that this kid can sleep anywhere.

2 comments:

  1. yummm That food sounds good! I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is NOT a good idea to read posts about food when you are hungry ;)
    i was catching up on your last few posts, and about died laughing at your eclipse post. ps. thanks for posting the NASTY picture(s) of me. but the pure hatred for those pictures was overcome by pur laughter. such good times! ;) miss ya megs!

    ReplyDelete