Friday, February 11, 2011

1 year old

Everyone always says "Make the most of the time you have with your baby, it goes by so fast." or "Before you know it, they've grown." But I always thought to myself "Yeah, yeah, I'm sure it does." But wow, it really flies. It wasn't that long ago that we brought this little peanut into the world, so tiny and helpless. But one year later and she's anything but helpless, we have a very independent little lady on our hands. But as I was browsing back through the last year, I got so emotional as I realized how quickly she's growing, and how every time I blink she's bigger . I don't want to blink anymore! But I was thinking back to how I love every stage of her development. I am excited for the future to see how she continues to grow and surprise me, but at the same time I am having a tough time letting go of my baby into toddlerhood.
The first month, I love how she would just sleep anywhere, she was so reliant on her mom & dad, and loved to snuggle all the time. I miss how she would just melt into your neck or arms.
2nd month, starting to really be aware of surroundings and amazed at every new thing. Still a snuggly baby.
3rd month, when the baby fat really kicks into high gear! I love this puffy squishy baby fat, it's my favorite thing! I just want to blow a raspberry into all those rolls just looking at this picture! Oh and lets not forget she we finally started sleeping through the whole night! Oh happy day.
4th month, starting to develop personality, but also getting more independent, putting herself to sleep and starting to roll over. Everything had to go in her mouth.
5th month, more and more personality coming everyday! New facial expressions, rolling over and flipping around. The fun with trying new food purees.
6th month, I love this phase with the growing curiosity! Everything had to be carefully examined, and then put to the test. She's been a very observant baby from the start, but she's such a doer.

7th month, discovered a while back how to put food into her mouth and then NO ONE could feed her, she had to do it herself. 

8 months....oh that face! Can't get enough of that face, crawling happened here, and it was only the tip of the iceberg of her independence.
9 months

10 months led to full blown climbing and exploring.
11 months, walking! 
 12 months...look out world here she comes!
Happy Birthday to my little Eve, may you always have your love for life and learning, your mom and dad love you infinitely!

2 comments:

  1. So sweet Megan. She was a beautiful baby and she is the sweetest little thing around. We love her! That picture April took in the paints, WOW- it's so perfect! Happy Birthday Eve! What a great 1st year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been so fun watching her grow with each month. She is a darling and feisty little thing. I can't believe she is walking already.

    ReplyDelete