Wednesday, April 18, 2012

DC trip (Easter weekend)

For our Easter weekend, we went down to Washington DC for the weekend to visit our friends April and Candace. And while they so graciously took Eve off our hands for a day, Braden and I had a whole day to ourselves! This kind of thing doesn't happen often, so what did we decide to do? Go sight seeing of course. At first the Canadian in me wasn't entirely thrilled at the idea of going to see all the US history sights. In lieu of embarrassing myself, I will be honest, when Braden said "We can to to the mall!" really enthusiastically, I for a second thought he was trying to be nice and referring to the HUGE shopping mall they had down there. Obviously not the case.
But it was really interesting to see all these monuments, memorials, museums etc. Braden was my teacher and I his student. My American history knowledge is a bit limited so I learned a lot.
The new Martin Luther King JR memorial is really nice.
It was such a fun day. We got to walk around, chat, and really just enjoy each other's company. When my large state indicated my needing rest, we would just lay on a patch of grass and laugh and joke around. It was a nice refreshing day out. And yes, to humor me, at the end of it, Braden took me to the REAL mall where I got to do a little shopping  :) 
Now this little Diva had other plans that day. Her "auntie april" was kind enough to take this thing and show her around the beautiful temple grounds and out to different markets etc. These glasses go everywhere. I think part of her need for them is that every morning when leaving for work I say "where are my glasses!?" She sees me need them, and thus, she must have hers...ALWAYS
I love this picture, April had some great shots of Eve at the visitors center. 
This might be my favorite picture of all time! That face, it just melts my heart every time I look at it. I love the tulips and temple in the back, but that little face....love love love



1 comment:

  1. So cute! I love the pictures. & fun for you and Braden to have a day to yourselves. An entire day?!?!? WOW. I am SO looking forward to that come summer. XO

    ReplyDelete