Saturday, December 1, 2012

"Eve-isms"

Lately I have been jotting down little things that Eve says, just so I don't forget them. I recently found quite a few so I decided to document them and compile all of Eve's latest sayings and phrases. She is such a spunky little girl, she can almost get away with saying anything...almost. She has the cutest little voice, that certainly helps. She has been doing so well at using her manners, it just melts my heart. Some of my favorite words she says incorrectly are:
Spareakiss - Asparagus
Blong - Blonde
Nocklulars - Binoculars
Mums Contiss - Mommy's contacts
*As I sat on her bed first thing in the morning, she rubs her eyes and says, "Mom, it's time for me to tell you something. Sometimes, when I wake up, I have ladybugs in my eyes"
*We stopped by my dental office to pick something up, and she approaches an older woman in the waiting room. She looks right at her and says:
"My name is Eve. What's your name?" The woman responds with her name, and Eve says "Hmm, how old are you?" The woman just laughs, and says "I'm 67." Eve's eyes get really big as she says "whoa! I can't count that high."
*A few weeks ago, Elder D. Todd Christofferson visited our stake conference. He generously invited all the children up to shake his hand one by one. As we approached, I was getting Eve ready, telling her he is a special man, he gets to spend time with the prophet, etc. She goes right up to him, and says very matter-of-factly, "I am Eve. My hair is blong (blonde)." He sweetly smiles, and comments on her confidence. She then says "Look at my shoes! They are so beautiful and farkly (sparkly)"
* While driving, I had to suddenly stop, I got cut off. I resisted the urge to say anything, and I hear from the back seat "C'mon lady! I just driving here..."

No comments:

Post a Comment