Tuesday, April 16, 2013

9 months

G is now 9 months, and I just can't get enough of him! He's such a darling, sweet, charming little boy. He's starting to show a bit of a mischievous side now that he is able to get to his sister and her toys. He is just recently starting to get mobile, he can roll around and sort of crawl. When I say sort of crawl, I mean he has his own little move to get around. He does a side stroke. He rolls on his side, keeping an arm fully extended, and uses one foot to scoot forward. I will have to post pictures of it, it is really fun to watch. Getting him mobile has been quite the challenge. I just figured "he will do it when he's ready". But with new complications with my pregnancy, his mobility became a priority. 
Getting him evaluated by the pediatrician and physical therapist, we found out he is fully capable. He has all the muscular requirements, what he was lacking was motivation. I never thought I would hear the pediatrician say "he's just lazy." We had a good laugh, because he has always been a very laid back person, even in the womb. So in the last week or so we really set out to get him moving. After many attempts at getting him motivated, we found that food was the best option. Haha, so suiting baby G! Toys, attention, mom, none of these things compared to his love for food. 
His stats have remained pretty steady, he is weighing in at 21.5 lbs, about 75th percentile. His height is 30 inches a whopping 95th percentile! His big noggin is also 95th percentile. He's really exploding out of most 6-12 month clothes, so we are starting to have to graduate him out of that size.  
He is still the happiest baby around, he goes to bed so easily. Great napper, excellent eater. He's starting to eat more table food, he has taken well to fish surprisingly. Honestly, he eats anything put in front of him at this point. He is still very much in love with his pacifier...I know that will come around to bite me later, but for now it's a blessing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment