Monday, August 19, 2013

37 weeks

 
Full term! Hallelujah! Starting to dilate, but only 2cm so I think I've got some time. Baby dropped, and having contractions, but nothing major. Cravings are still the same, cherries, grapes, and avocados. Luckily, the spicy chicken ramen noodles are done with. I can't even look at them, I see the few I have left in the pantry and the sight makes me shudder. So glad that one passed, phew. 

Weight gain hit the 27lbs mark, about the same with Graham. So we shall see if that means anything. 
I have to admit, for a long time it drove me crazy that Braden felt so strongly that we wait until the birth to find out the gender. But now, I am so glad we did! I am so excited for the delivery, I have been so incredibly curious for so long...it is so close, I am just emanating excitement! Even packing my hospital bag, I packed both a girl and boy outfit and just couldn't help smiling. 

So many people are so surprised that we chose to wait on the gender. And I get asked often, "what do you feel you are having?" Or "is this pregnancy more similar to your daughter or son?" And the list goes on. The truth is, no. I don't feel any sway as to if its male or female. Should my maternal instinct tell me? Is that a sense I wasn't gifted with? I have been so busy with my older two I can't really tell you if I've felt more like I did with Eve or Graham. I just feel pregnant. 

Having it be my suggested last pregnancy, I am really trying to just enjoy it. Not complaining about my back pain, cankles, and insane hunger. I just laugh about it, it's such a miracle that's happening inside my body, and such a blessing. All the other stuff is just comical. 

No comments:

Post a Comment