Friday, March 26, 2010

7 weeks

Well Eve is now 7 weeks old. And by the picture you can really tell that she is definitely putting on weight. as of a few days ago, she just got to 10 lbs! She is so close to being at the right weight :) One of my favorite things is how she sleeps, since she was out of the womb she hated to be fully swaddled because she loves her hands by her face. And she still does it, I love it! Sometimes I will hear her fussing in her crib, and when I go check, it is often just a matter of her hands being tied down, or just not close enough to her face. It's really cute.
I love that she loves her daddy, it is these little moments that I live for. It makes me realize how blessed I am to have this little family. Sunday naps are turning out to be quite the tradition in our house, Braden sleeps with Eve and I get a few hours to myself. Who knew 2 hours to yourself could have so much value? Weirdest thing, her umbilical cord still hasn't fallen off! After 2 weeks I asked the pediatrician, and she said "sometimes babies keep them for a month." So after Eve turned a month old, I asked her again, only to hear her say "Well let's give it 2 more weeks." So last Tuesday I called her again, and she said "Wow, well let me call a few surgeons and just see when they feel is best." And I still haven't heard back from her. It is so crazy, I am cleaning it regularly and taking proper care of it, it is just so "scooped" that no air gets to it to dry it out. But I will update as soon as I hear back from the pediatrician.

She turned just as I was taking the picture, she is so close to being able to hold her head up, it is crazy! But look at the little pot belly :)

No comments:

Post a Comment