Thursday, April 15, 2010

10 weeks

I know that most of my posts start out with a line that usually goes like this " I can't believe she is ____ old already!" But I will say that I honestly feel that every time I write it. Time is slipping away from me as the end of maternity leave draws closer and closer. It is going to be so hard to leave her, but I am trying to keep a good attitude about it. I am so blessed that my good friend Lindsey is willing to take her in, as I her mother, am soon to be abandoning her two and  a half days out of the week. Lindsey, you truly are a saint! She is a great photographer as well! Any picture that has good quality on my blog, you can definitely assume "Lindsey took that." She captured this amazing picture here, Eve's eyes look magnificent, such a precious photo.

Well the updates are, that Eve can almost hold her head up, we are struggling with tummy-time. She, as most babies I am sure, hates it! But I know that it must be done, so I tough it out and have to listen to her cry for a few minutes each day. A few times I hear things quiet down, and I look to see that she has cried herself to sleep! It just breaks my heart every time...it does make me feel a little bit better to see the progress she is making with her ability to hold and move her head though. About a week and a half ago I was reading a weekly email I get updating me on the babies development. (Much like the ones you get when your pregnant) Well I was reading this part where it mentions that at this stage your baby can't swallow their saliva yet, so you should expect some drool to make an appearance. I thought to myself  "I don't know if that's happening yet thank goodness." Then as I go to get Eve out of her swing, I see this HUGE wet spot on her pjs, and of course, it's drool. So that is now a fun addition to our little baby.  Eve has also just recently discovered her fists, as you can see in all of her pictures, she always has her hands in a fist, never relaxed. Anyways, she now likes to hold her fist up by her face and just stare. Sometimes she will get it to close and it will make her go cross-eyed, and a few times she accidentally hits herself in the face. That is usually followed by a confused look on her face, but then that fist goes right back up to where she can see it. It's really fun to watch her discover new things, such as her hands :)

No comments:

Post a Comment