Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Fathers

Well, after thinking about mothers so much the past while, I realized that there is someone just as important in Eve's life, her daddy. One thing that has been so great about being a new parent, is I get to see another side of my husband. It is so nice to see him be so gentle and caring with her. He shows such a nurturing and sensitive side when he is with her. She already has him wrapped around her little finger, there is no question that she is a daddy's girl already...I love it :) I love that he is so helpful with her, he almost never refuses a diaper change, the messy ones we usually debate a bit over who gets to change those ones. He will never say no to feeding her, and he will never reject an opportunity to snuggle. I love that the second he gets in the door he goes straight for the baby, even if I am holding her, he just can't wait to snuggle her. Although she is limited in how she can express her emotions, she gets a big grin on her face when she can see him, it's really cute. I am looking forward to the day that when the door opens around 6 o'clock Eve can go running to the door saying "Daddy's home!"
It makes me reflect to how much I love my dad. He has always been a rock in my life, I knew I could always go to him with most anything, except boys and things of that nature, he was certain that he was the only man in my life. He did eventually accept the fact that there is another man in my life, and what a great one that is, and he was surprisingly open to him. I love the qualities of both the men in my life, I am really lucky and extremely grateful. Anyways, enough of my babble, Eve has been napping more lately so I have more time to post...

No comments:

Post a Comment