Tuesday, July 13, 2010
Trip to Utah
We had the opportunity to go up to Park City and ride the rides that they have there. Braden's dad really wanted me to make sure that I am tall enough to ride them, I really didn't make it by too much...kind of embarrassing.
We had it all planned out that we would race down, but Braden ended up going a person ahead of me, so that went out the window, also the "safety officer" at the top of the ride said not to race. Anyways, poor Braden got stuck behind a really really slow person so even starting a person later that he did I beat him :)
Eve hung out with her Papa while we went on all the rides.
Next stop was Logan, Utah. This is where Braden went to school and where we lived our first year of marriage. This is the temple we were married in, it was closed for maintenance but it was fun to at least get a look at it and reflect on that special day. This is Sailor (left) she is the daughter of my good friend Kendra from Logan, she is only two months younger than Eve. We were going out to supper at my favorite restaurant in Logan, Pounders. It's a great Hawaiian bbq place, if you are ever in Logan make sure you go!
One of the best parts of Utah is In n Out burger. I cannot tell you how much I love this place. I never get sick of them, when we lived in Utah the only one was in St George, so anytime we visited the family/friends down there we always made sure to go. Now there is one right in Draper just a few mins from Braden's parents' house.
Eve getting a taste of cantaloupe with Braden's grandma
We slipped away for a few hours and just have some family time. Don't get me wrong, we love to visit family, but Eve can get a little bit overwhelmed with all the new faces and so much attention. She is just used to having one or two people attending to her, and to have many more in her face (understandably) she can get pretty fussy. So we went to this bowling ally in Cedar City. We were in a lane next to these 3 older citizens, and one lady by her 6th frame had beaten our scores combined for our whole game!
Eve and Dad on the way home, she did pretty well on the plane coming home, except for when she pooped, and the flight attendant had just passed us with the drink cart (we were in the 2nd row) so we had to wait for her to get the rest of the people on the plane their drinks and get back to the front before we could get to the back of the plane and change her. And, I don't know if many people know this, but babies that are on soy formula stink REALLY bad. I can't even fully explain it, but people on the plane were saying things like "it stinks really bad in here, what is that?" etc. so that little experience just made the trip a little more humorous for us, but maybe not for all the others on the plane. Oh well, what can you do?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Glad you guys had such a fun trip Megan! Looks you you were BUSY BUSY! It was so fun to meet Eve, she's such a doll. And great to see you guys too!
ReplyDeleteIt was so good to see you guys and meet Eve. I wish we lived closer so we could get together more. I love the picture of Sailor and Eve! Thanks for coming up to Logan!
ReplyDelete