Friday, December 3, 2010

Thanksgiving

 Thanksgiving was a blast this year. We had supper at a friends house, so there was minimal cooking involved for me. It was great, I could just enjoy the day and spend time with the family. Because the holiday is usually in October for us Canadians, I feel lucky that we get 2 Thanksgivings. Eve had a good time trying all the new food, and of course pie. I love the time spent thinking about our blessings and what we can thank Heavenly Father for every day. I can't thank him enough for my little family, ward family, and the friends that have come into our lives.
So because we had supper at a friends house, we decided to get a little creative with the turkey preparations in our house. That way, if it turned out to be terrible Thanksgiving wouldn't be "ruined" due to a bad turkey. We tried injecting our turkey with a "Hawaiian Luau" marinade that we love. We bought a real injector from bed bath & beyond, I wasn't even sure they really existed. Anyways, we put on the pineapple to add a little more of a sweet flavor, and voila! This was what came out. The stuffing wasn't great, but the bird was awesome! The gravy had a good flavor to it too, and we have yet to try the turkey soup.

1 comment: