Thursday, January 6, 2011

Favors

Ok, who out there is really intimidated by flying with a baby? I AM! Well I was I guess I should say. Eve had a pretty tough time with the flying the way up to Canada for Christmas. I tried it all, having a bottle ready, having snacks, toys, my phone for her to play with, everything.  So on the way back I decided to make little favors for the people surrounding me on the plane. I made about 30 of them, (I had 2 legs of flying) and people loved them! In them I put some earplugs, a few mints and chocolates. And the note said "Candy and earplugs for any inconvenience I may cause," Signed by baby Eve. The people were so appreciative of the gesture as well as the earplugs. I had one guy say "You know, when I saw a woman with a baby sit behind me I was disappointed, but now it's ok because I have earplugs!" Yes, it is a little awkward when the baby fusses and you watch the people all put in their ear plugs, but it takes away some of the stress and guilt. The last leg of our way home, Eve conveniently "did her business" right before we took off, so I couldn't change her for about 20 mins. One funny guy I saw put his earplugs in his nostrils...it was hilarious! Anyways, a little note and a few treats in a bag, tied with a ribbon and voila! people don't hate you on the plane :)

6 comments:

  1. LOVE this idea. i may have to steal it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is hilarious. As one who is familiar with Eve's "business" I LOVE that the guy stuck the earplugs up his nose!
    P.S. I WANT YOUR RECIPES! Please!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol you're awesome Meg. That's a great idea. I might use it next time I fly with Gracie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I just tell you how much of a genius you are? Wow!

    ReplyDelete