Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Puerto Morelos

 To sum things up...
-Resort: Wonderful
-Beaches: Miraculous
-Weather: Slightly windy, but kept you just cool enough, so basically perfect.
-Food: Great
-Living in a bathing suit: Phenomenal
-Sightseeing: Unforgettable
-Relaxing: Very much needed
-Actually getting to read a few books: Enlightening
-Getting a week alone with my Hubby: Amazing
-Time away from Eve: Terrible, but she was well taken care of.
-Trip as a whole: Perfect!
Now if a little more detail if what you seek, read on....
First day I, with no breath of exaggeration got the worst sunburn of my life, I rarely burn ever, so it was a little bit of a surprise. So the next few days both Braden and I just stayed in the shade and nursed our burns. The vacation consisted of reading, swimming, eating, eating, and more eating :)

There were tours and excursions available, but we decided to just rent a car and do our own thing for the day. We drove down to the Tulum ruins, and did a little exploring afterwards. We went on a hunt for this private beach club called Ana y Jose as per the recommendation of a Mexican hotel owner we met/chatted with in the Miami Airport. It did not disappoint!


Then we decided to go mingle with the locals. We generally had 4 things on our to-do list. One of which was Braden's top pick. No matter how, we HAD to get fresh coconut, it was his all time favorite treat in the Philippines, and he hasn't had it since. It was cool to see them take the coconut, grab a machete, and serve it right in front of you. Not many tools needed, coconut, machete, and spoon/straw. His face just screamed of pure bliss when he got his treat :)
 The one item I could not leave Mexico without was fresh Civeche! It was so amazing, this little restaurant on a street in Playa Del Carmen happened to make it fresh :) This was my coconut. Braden didn't care for it much, maybe it's an acquired taste. We walked along the main road there and haggled with the locals and got a few little things to bring home. I think that was Braden's favorite part, he's much better than myself at it.
Oh the Tulum Ruins, they were so interesting. It was fun to see how intricate they were in the designing of the temples/homes. To see the sacrificial and symbolic pieces was great. Also, the beaches were beautiful! The water could not have gotten any clearer or bluer. 

It's a good thing there were many distractions, as it was my first trip away from my little Eve, I found myself missing her terribly, this ache in my chest (excuse the honest cliche). I would just flip through pictures and that gave me some comfort. 

Oh Mexico, I look forward to waking up to your beautiful sunrises again. Until next time, salut!

No comments:

Post a Comment