Today was one of those days where you think to yourself "Is it a full moon or something?!" Things were so wrong and backwards. After a stressful day at work I picked up Eve and she was having an "off" day as well. She was so cranky, didn't want to eat (no fever or anything) didn't want a drink, was screaming a lot, and is as of lately really into hitting.
Nothing was working, she wasn't responding to love and cuddles or books, or even animal games which always work. She even screamed the entire duration of her bath. As I am taking a time out myself and counting to ten, which I do when motherhood can be overwhelming, I asked myself said question out of frustration.
Getting to the point, after a crazy day and feeling like a terrible mother, It was time for Eve to go to bed which she was NOT happy about. But as I was singing her favorite primary songs, and her finally calming down for the first time all night, she nuzzled into my neck. And with a sigh she hugs me and says "my mommy, 'sigh' my mommy" and then she drifted off to sleep. Magical...purely magical. How can two words mean so much? It is amazing how a little love and reassurance from our children can affect us. My day suddenly was great, nothing else mattered. I am proud to be her mommy.

oh my goodness, that would melt my heart. I've totally had moments like that before, and suddenly everything is perfect again :)
ReplyDeleteYou just made me cry. I have so many of those days! I feel overwhelmed all the time.
ReplyDelete