One of my favorite Christmas traditions is the opening of our new pjs on Christmas Eve. My sister did them again this year, and did such a great job! She sneakily did a little research, and found out what Eve's favorite thing in the world is, her bear. This white, scraggly little bear goes everywhere. She loves it so much! So Eve's pjs said I heart bear, and Braden's said I heart Megan. It's hard to see mine, but mine says i heart Bray Bray, which is a funny little joke name for Braden so graciously given to him by my family back when we were dating.
She never wants to take off her new pjs.
So, this Christmas morning I had a great new tradition planned, I wanted to make the best pumpkin waffles and buttermilk syrup of all time. I got up super early so I could have them all ready before Eve and Braden woke up. Well, my pumpkin waffle recipe was a disaster! For some reason the waffle iron couldn't cook it all the way through before burning it. And they pulled apart when you tried to open it. So we tried to salvage the morning by pouring he batter to make pancakes, no bueno. So after a while we all just got so hungry we had cereal...maybe next year will turn out better, and I can test out the recipe before hand.
This little monkey was so excited to finally get to open all the present under the tree! They had been tempting her for so long, we thought maybe she would lose interest or forget, but NO!
She was so fast at ripping off the wrapping paper. She opened every single gift, if it wasn't something she liked (one for either of us) she would look around and give it to one of us, then move on to the next. We had so much fun with her.
We had a wonderful Christmas, we feel so blessed to have our families and each other. I hope everyone felt the spirit of Christmas this season.
Before I read, or clicked the picture to make it bigger I thought your shirt said I <3 baby belly, and got excited for you. The PJs are still cute. haha, glad you had a Merry Christmas.
ReplyDeleteTommy is sitting next to me saying "Mommy, my Eve, my Eve" He's in LOVE.
ReplyDeleteLooks like you had a great christmas. I love the PJ's too, so cute and one of a kind.