Friday, January 13, 2012

It Matters

When Eve was a baby, I will admit I would often wonder "does this really matter?" Does it matter that I read to her every night before bed? She doesn't understand what I'm saying, how much does it matter? Well as Eve is getting older, I am now understanding that those things DID and DO matter.
Just recently, as I was putting Eve to bed. I did our usual routine, brushed teeth, potty, pj's, story, and a song of her choice. She generally she has 3 favorites. This night she chose "shipchers" which is "Search, ponder and pray" and as I started singing it to her, I could hear a soft whisper coming from her, she knows the words! Not all of them, but about every third word she knows. And I can't describe it, but I was just so overwhelmed with pride and love for this little spirit. When she said the end line "I know the shipchers are twue", it was magical. It made me realize how those little things matter. She picks up every little thing, every word, every gesture. She's truly amazing, and I feel so blessed to have her in my life. I will never wonder again "does this really matter", I have now seen that it does. I love my sweet little Eve, and now the highlight of my day is singing primary songs with her, and having her join in :)
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

2 comments: