Well shortly thereafter I was progressing really quickly, but hit a stand still, I was stuck at 7cm dilation for a few hours and no progress was in sight. My body just couldn't relax through the contractions, with the back labor in full swing, my body couldn't stop pushing. The doctors said that the pushing was making my cervix swell, and unless I got an epidural I could face more complications and distress for the baby. I had a natural birthing experience the first time around. I very much wanted the same experience, but let me tell you, back labor is no joke...after I hit this stand still, I opted for the epidural to allow my body to relax, and therefor progress. Well it worked, they rushed to get me the epidural, and I had him within the hour, about 40 mins later! He was an anxious little guy, only about 8-10 mins of pushing :) I am so grateful to have been able to have him with no complications, I was so worried with his being "sunny side up".
This little angel came at 6:10 am on July 8th 2012. He was anxious, after only 6 hours of labor :)
Weighing in at 6lbs 11oz, 19.5 inches long and a beautiful head full of hair.
Welcome to the family Graham Ralph Edwards!
Eve had a great experience meeting her new baby brother for the first time. She can't get enough of him, just just wants to hold and kiss him all the time. I think the gift "baby brother" got for her helped with the initial reaction ;)
My two favorite boys :)


Eve was so cute in nursery on Sunday with Eliza and Tommy as they were doing puzzles. She was talking about how she had a new brother and the twins were talking about how they were going to have two new baby brothers. They were just adorable. Congrats, Megan!
ReplyDeleteMeg, he is so stinkin adorable! And you look great too!
ReplyDeleteHow precious!!!! What a doll she is. Mckay and I have been out of town for the last two weeks & tomorrow I'm going to UT because my Grandpa died but once we are back can we bring dinner and meet the baby!!? Mckay was actually the one who mentioned that on our vacation, "When do you want to go see the Edwards' new baby?" It was sweet. Glad all went well! Love you guys!
ReplyDelete