Monday, May 6, 2013

22 weeks

I took this picture thinking it was only 2 weeks since my last pregnancy documentation. I thought, "2 weeks, not my goal of doing it every week, but it's not that bad." I was a little shocked that it had been 4 weeks, time is really escaping me! I have mostly been feeling well so far. The hernias are still quite uncomfortable and painful, but mostly just annoying. But now that Graham has found a sense of independence, it's gotten a little easier.
Since we found out we were pregnant, Braden has been adamant that we wait to find out the gender until the birth. The idea was great at first, you know, sounds so exciting. But at the anatomy scan, I was definitely having second thoughts. I was thinking "If I don't find out, how will I mentally prepare? How will I prepare the nursery? How will I have clothes washed, folded and ready to go?"
After much deliberation on my end, I decided to let Braden get this one. I have no idea what's in there!!!! And since we had the scan and didn't find out. A small part of me is glad, because I have no reason to stress about the little things.  This baby won't care if it comes home to a decorated nursery, or perfectly folded clothes, it just wants some love, food, and warmth. This lets me just focus on the two little things I have at home already, all my "nesting" gets taken out on them, and I don't think they mind :)
As far as cravings go, they are staying quite similar. I am still craving those spicy chicken Ramen noodles, but I limit them to about 1 a week. Lately I have been eating tonnes and tonnes of grapes, but only the green sour ones,guacamole is still high on the list as well.

1 comment: