Braden's side of the family came out to visit. We had such fun with them, although we couldn't see them as much as we would have liked. With work schedules and sightseeing schedules we caught each other when we could. I took the kids into the city to do a lunch date as well as some sight seeing. They absolutely loved it! Now that we have the double stroller taking the two of them into the city is much more realistic.
One thing we did that was fantastic was the 911 memorial. Luckily Grandma Lori and Grandpa Paul were kind enough to keep the kids so I was able to go childless. It was such a beautiful sight, although it was a heavy downpour for the greater part of the day, we still really enjoyed it. It's magnificent!
But the long awaited, favorite attraction of the Edwards' family, is the Belmont Park horse races. I have never seen a horse race until I joined the family. But I am a big fan, we had so much fun. There are food trucks all around the courtyard, live music, and races of course. It is so exciting to watch and really just soak in the excitement of the crowds. There are plenty of races and time in between, so we really got to enjoy each other's company.
With all the touristy stuff completed, the kids became the main attraction, and Eve absolutely loved it. She loves having grandparents in town to just spoil her and listen to her stories. Graham loved having other people there to love on him.
No comments:
Post a Comment