Let me begin by saying that throwing parties has never been my forte. I have this great ability to make things harder tha they need to be, so things like parties kind of stress me out. Well, I'm so blessed to have our dear friends April and Candace (Eve's "aunties") who love this stuff. They were kind enough to throw her a birthday party, which was way beyond my capabilities at this point. I simply provided the venue and children. I am the luckiest.
We had little Chinese take out boxes for favors, and April had a friend of hers write the kids' names in Chinese on their box! We had Mulan coloring and pin the mustache on the Mushu, it's was adorable. I was also impressed at some of the children's skills. April made egg rolls, fried rice, and Asian noodles, did I mention how excited Eve was? She was always saying how everything is "just like Mulan!" She was especially excited about the little Chinese dress she got to wear, thank goodness for online shopping. Another friend of Aprils made Eve the best cake, it was chocolate (her fave) with Mulan sitting on the top. It was pretty incredible. Eve loved it so much, the second she blew out the candles, she bit the head off....it was funny. It was a great morning, and pretty stress free for me, I'm so grateful. I am so blessed to have such good people in my family's life. It was a perfect day. Happy birthday Eve!!!!





No comments:
Post a Comment