Friday, September 19, 2014

Getting promoted to big boy status....potty training

So this happened. He was showing a few signs of interest, so I jumped on it. Ran out, got a potty seat, and some big boy undies. It seemed like the right time, we were at my parents house, his toys aren't around to distract him, I am not at home wih any obligations or distractions. It also helped that my parents have no carpet in their house, so easy clean up. He was a champ. It took a few weeks to really get it, but he really did well. I just let him be naked, that way he was able to watch it happen, and eventually something clicked. He started self initiating after a few days. It was definitely not something i set out to do, or planned on doing when we started our Canadian adventure this summer, but it happened, and I couldn't be more happy. I figured it would have taken him another year or so, but with my moms help, and Eve being a great big sister and example, and some of my visiting siblings willingness to overlook some graham nudity, I now only have one baby in diapers. Hallelujah!!! He is still having a bit of trouble with his number twos, but we will work on that. For now, we celebrate Graham graduating to being a big boy! Also, I'm not sure there is anything cuter than little boy undies. Seriously.




No comments:

Post a Comment