New Year's Eve! Not a very exciting holiday for the kids, but seeing as January is when we do our sugar fast, New Year's Eve means a total sweets binge. And just like that, it becomes exciting for the kids. Anything involving sugar, and they are excited. We baked all afternoon, and got to taste test everything before the big celebration.
Moms marble brownies, coconut chocolate chip cookies, Oreos, and an assortment of candy. Mix that will a bottle of martinellis, and you have a mad sugar rush. Kids loved every second of it. We lit a few fire cracker and sparklers, and watched a special Netflix countdown. It's completely genius, they created a countdown for kids so parents can play it anytime during the night instead of keeping the kids awake until midnight.
So kids were in bed by nine, and Braden and I had eaten our way into a sugar coma, so we didn't last much longer than they did. Super exciting New Years.
But it's been a fantastic year with my favorites, I feel immensely blessed to have them as my little family unit. A lot of exciting things have happened, but I love our simple little life together, and look forward to many more years with them. I thank my Heavenly Father daily for the plan of salvation and the opportunity I have to be with them for eternity.








No comments:
Post a Comment