Thursday, April 15, 2010

Mothers

I was so pleased with General Conference that just passed. I appreciated that many talks were directed at the divine role and calling of motherhood. My favorite would have to be Elder Foster's talk given in the Sunday afternoon session, if you ever have a moment, you should listen to it again, it's amazing! Maybe it's because I am a new mom, but I really felt that I needed to hear those talks. I needed to be reminded of the responsibilities associated with being a mother, how my actions directly affect the lives of my child, and future children. I was reminded of how important it is to teach our children correct principals, and to love and nurture them at all times. I will never under estimate the power of a mother's love and influence.
I will always remember the moment when I first saw my daughter, it was love at first sight! I remember thinking to myself "I now understand eternal joy". I just finally understood how a mother's love is greater than all other kinds. It really makes me glad for the mother that I have, and the wonderful mothers that have been in my life. I have so many good role models that I can look up to, and go to for advice. I absolutely love being a mother, and although at times it can be really difficult and exhausting, it is so worth it.

1 comment:

  1. Hey glad to find your blog, and thank you for this post. I too was so impressed at how many talks in conference were directed to parenthood. It is fun to think that no matter what I do in Law school, it will always be secondary to the importance of raising children! Love your little girl!

    ReplyDelete