Monday, November 22, 2010

Spice Market

As a celebration of Braden's new job, he said "I know the perfect place where we can go out!" He had gone there once before with his previous office. He always talked about how amazing the food was, and well I had to try it for myself to really see if it was all he made it out to be.  So we headed out to The Spice Market, down in the meat packing district of NYC.
We had never actually been out to  "fancy schmancy" place before on a date...ever, not when we were married or even dating. We went from being students, to then parents, and I guess just never made it a priority. So we decided to treat ourselves, just this once.
I never knew who this guy was before we went there, but apparently Jean George Vongerichten is a famous chef, and he designed the menu there. Job well done sir, it was amazing. We got a sampler meal, where they give you small portions of 4 appetizers, 3 main courses, and 2 desserts so you can get a good feel of the menu. 
At the 3rd appetizer it had exceeded my expectations! It was amazing, I highly recommend it. I can honestly say without a doubt the best food I have ever eaten! It is a bit of a "different" selection of food, so you do have to have an open mind to new tastes. But it was so great.
And to top the night off, I got to have my very first official yellow NYC cab ride! I know, we've lived here so long, and never taken a taxi, but it was all I had dreamed it would be, haha, and then some.



3 comments:

  1. Congrats to Braden on the new job! How exciting! Spice Market is amazing ... we went there for our anniversary one year & it was so delicious. Glad you guys had a fun fancy date together!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun, good for you guys. Congrats to Braden and feel better sicko! XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds amazing! Congrats to braden on his new job.

    ReplyDelete