Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Mothers Day

Mothers Day is such a great day for me, I love reflecting back on my mother and all her sacrifices. I love thinking of all the wonderful mothers I know, and how much they teach me. It makes me so thankful that I have the opportunity to be a mom to this little one! (Don't mind that she's holding a cord in the picture, she was playing with the iron. She was dragging it around like a dog on a leash. I promise I am a responsible parent!) I love that Eve can give hugs and kisses, it makes my day everytime. Anyways, overall my feelings on this Mothers Day can be summed up in a little poem. I found this on my friend's blog, and it's perfect.


I'd rather be a mother than anyone on ­earth
Bringing up a child or two of unpretentious ­birth. . . .
I'd rather tuck a little child all safe and sound in bed
Than twine a chain of diamonds about my [carefree] ­head.
I'd rather wash a smudgy face with round, bright, baby ­eyes
Than paint the pageantry of fame or walk among the ­wise.

--Meredith Gray, from The Beauty of Motherhood



No comments:

Post a Comment