Friday, May 6, 2011

Project #1

So moving into our new apartment I knew I had a few ideas of what I would like to eventually put up to make it more "homey". So walking by Pottery Barn Kids I saw an amazing mobile for a little girls room. Unfortunately, it came with a Pottery Barn pricetag, ouch!
So a few trips to Michaels, and more hours than I would like to admit, and voila! It's close, not perfect, but close enough :)
#1) wreath wire, spray painted white, framing wire between
#2) pink scrapbook paper in 4 colors.
#3) a butterfly shape you want
#4) fishing wire,
#5) gems for the bottom, to weigh down the wire that may be wavy coming off the spool.
In retrospect, I wouldn't be so picky about the butterfly shape, and go with one available pre-cut. I individually cut out 148 butterflies...bad idea.

The finished project! I love the dainty look of it for my little lady :)

I put pink gems (beads) at the bottom for a subtle flare, and it helps keep the fishing line straight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment