Well the way her birthday fell , she had her party, and then a party at school and also a party at home on the actual day. Nothing lavish, but she felt so special.
So she had told employees a few times, that ALL she wants is "cinnamon buns with Elsa blue frosting". So I said "you got it." Not understanding my inability to bake, I took on the very adventurous task task of trying to make cinnamon buns. Now, I followed the recipe as closely as possible, to a T. And I had some moments of frustration due to the lack of specifics in the recipe. So, I thought I would use it as a teaching moment with Eve. I explained, that recipes are like life, you are given instructions to achieve the best results, but lots of the decisions are up to you. They (Christ) can't make you do them perfectly, it's up to you to follow the instructions as closely as you can". So after a long moment of pondering , Eve replies,"but mom, why would Jesus let you make bad cinnamon buns?."
She had a good point. Somehow, they were hard as rocks, and no flavor. The worst. And sweet Eve is so aware and sensitive to others feelings, she says "mom, you're frosting is so yummy, let's make cookies and use this frosting for my class." So that's whatever did, an epic fail on the cinnamon buns, but we made the situation work. And it was so fun.
The day at school, I had a friend watch the babies, so I could taker her and a friend to do anything they wanted. So she took her friend Lucas for slurpees.


No comments:
Post a Comment