Monday, November 23, 2015

Results - Celiac Sprue Sept 24, 2015

Well, it's confirmed, this little angel has Celiac Sprue. Poor dear, I can't imagine what she's felt like eating gluten, and how sick it's making her. It's no wonder she's not a big eater, it all makes her sick. 
When the doctor told  us, I don't know why I felt so devastated. I had all the information, the doctor even told me she was 99% sure a week ago at the procedure. But I was still hanging on to a shred of hope that the results would be negative. The more research I did, the more I wanted it to go away.
But alas, it's here. It's here and we need to just deal with it head on and get this girl healthy.
So from here, we have appointments with a nutrionist and dietician to get us going on our new lifestyle. We have a lot of work to do getting her back on track, healing her guts, and getting those nutritional deficiencies back in order. 
Eve is so awesome, she just said "Ok mom, lets go get some food that doesn't have gluten for me." 
So we did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment