Saturday, November 3, 2012

Halloween


Eve painting her first pumpkin, she loved it! She spent so much time on it, paying very close attention to detail. It was either a clever ruse to postpone her nap, or she has a little artist in her. 

Funny situation this year, we picked out two pumpkins the night before, and I just grabbed whichever one was closest when it came time to carve them. Turns out, I made the right choice. Braden picked up the second one, cut open the top, and it was SOUP on the inside! We have never smelt anything so gross, but Braden being the boy scout he is, carried on. He cleaned out and carved that disgusting pumpkin, I wouldn't say with a smile as much as a grimace, but he did it nonetheless. But one second after the ward activity ended we pitched it, for obvious reasons. Mine only lasted about a day, thanks to the hungry squirrels living by our place.

This year we were the mario brothers for Halloween. I love to do a theme for the families costumes, but this year Eve had a bit more of an opinion over her costume. She wanted to be a princess, but she never specified which one :) So she got to be princess peach, and she loved it. 
We had a blast at the ward party, it was so fun to see all the creative costumes. Eve was in heaven, lots of games, kids to play with, and treats :) Graham had a hate/hate relationship with his costume. The poor kid couldn't stand the huge hat he had to wear, but it was my favorite part of any one's costume!


I never bothered to attend any "trunk-or-treat" activities before having kids, and I am sorry I didn't. They were so fun, and I forget how much I love to see all the creative costumes, some store bought, some homemade, some outlandish, some traditional. So much variety seen over the Halloween holiday, 


No comments:

Post a Comment