Thursday, November 1, 2012

Mommy Makeover

These days, I'm sporting a new look. Now, being a working mom of two, sometimes I hardly recognize myself. New hair treatments include ponytails, ponytails, and a ponytail! With the baby now grabbing things with what seems like a death-grip, hair must always be back in a ponytail if I want to keep it. 
New wardrobe consists of t-shirts and cardigans, usually covered in baby drool. 
New face has lovely dark circles under my eyes, minimal makeup, and no lipstick/gloss because I'm too busy kissing my babies :)
New aroma, baby drool....the culprit...this guy!


A friend of mine has a poem on her blog, and it really sums up my feelings. 

I'd rather be a mother than anyone on ­earth
Bringing up a child or two of unpretentious ­birth. . . .
I'd rather tuck a little child all safe and sound in ­bed
Than twine a chain of diamonds about my [carefree] ­head.
I'd rather wash a smudgy face with round, bright, baby ­eyes
Than paint the pageantry of fame or walk among the ­wise.
--Meredith Gray, from The Beauty of Motherhood



I love my kiddos, and every day I wake up and see them, I am so thankful they are ours. I love being a mother, and I'd take the ponytail and life of little glamour over anything else. 




2 comments: