Thursday, July 11, 2013

G is one!

Graham is 1!!!! I can't believe it, he is getting so big...literally. He is a whopping 23.5 lbs placing him in the 75th percentile. Height is 31 3/4 inches, that keeps him cruising in the 95th percentile, along with his big noggin. But mostly I am noticing how quickly he is progressing. He is full on crawling (the real way), climbing on everything, and cruising along most every piece of furniture in the house. He is a master at going up stairs, but not so much going down, that will take some time. His sister isn't as excited about his mobility as I am, right now its quite inconvenient, If she wants to play anything without him getting himself involved, she has to go to the kitchen table. And even then, his tall stature allows him to reach anything close to the edge. Like bowls of cereal for example....yes, I've had to clean up many of those. But he is still the easiest baby of all time. Just after 10 months we decided to take away his pacifier, we wanted to do it early enough that he wasn't TOO attached to it, and wanted to make sure he had forgotten about it before the new baby came, so as to avoid possible stealing haha. He hardly noticed. He fussed a little the first night, but really didn't care that much. Phew! Next was weaning him off formula. Didn't even notice, he really took to milk with no problems and no fuss. Great! Then it was bottles, poor guy just loves them. But it is one of those things we new had to go sometime...so we just tried it one day (recently). He didn't even notice. Sippy cup or bottle, he didn't care, as long as it had some fluids in it. He did however, have a bit of a problem with leaning his head back too far to get the last of the milk, that caused him to fall back a few times. But other than that he is such a champ, I can't hardly believe it.
He now has 4 teeth, horray! The first cut just after 10 months, and how there are 4. He is still sleeping 11-12 hours at night, doing two 2 hour naps a day. Did I mention he's the best baby? He loves to snuggle, and is still such a mama's boy, I love it.
His curiousity gets him into some sticky situations...
That usually end like this....and I'm the great mom that sits back and takes pictures...he will thank me one day right?


Graham, you are so adorable, and very much loved. I love your determination and curiosity. You are so fun to watch as you learn and grow. Happy Birthday bud! We love you!




1 comment: