30 weeks. Holy cow, it's 75% of the way done. Scary business...I have been so busy with the other two, it sometimes just slips my mind how quickly this is happening. I have taken some quiet moments, and reflected on this pregnancy. This, being my last one has hit a soft spot for me. At times it makes me sad, every time I feel a kick or a roll, I think "this is the last time I will have this experience" and I get sad. I love having this miracle inside of me, I love being a woman and getting to have this experience. I love when Eve places her hands on my belly to feel the baby move, she is so enamored and fascinated. But then there are a few moments when I am chasing after the older two, unable to keep up, feeling the pressure in my hernias, and so uncomfortable I think "this is the last time" and it brings a small glimmer of comfort.
But as I hit the "last trimester" mark a few weeks back, it really hit me. Last trimester. Not the third trimester. But the LAST trimester. It stirs up so many emotions. (thank you pregnancy hormones) I am trying to just enjoy it despite all the mixed emotions. Every kick gives me a little grin, every movement is a miracle. I complain much less, because I am focusing on this miracle, and how amazing this whole process is. I am so in love with this baby, I cannot wait to meet it. It's getting much closer, and although I feel quite ill prepared, I'm excited. I had my 30 week ultrasound, and got to see the baby wave at me! It was so darling. Baby is measuring normal, and quite mobile. The baby appears to be face up, same as Graham. but at this point there is still lots of time formthatbto hopefully change. at this point, to sleep I have to have my torso elevated about 45 degrees up to relieve the pressure off my hips, it's not ideal, I just need lots of pillows :)
Things are staying pretty constant, cravings are still my spicy chicken ramen, strawberries, grapes, and guacamole.
10 weeks to go!!!!

Such sweet words! So excited for you. Enjoy every minute!
ReplyDelete