I asked her if she would just go stand by the couch so I could snap a picture of her in her "4th of July" outfit....she came up with this....I just love her. Can't get enough of this.
Every so often, I need to update and just remind myself of the funny little things she is doing/saying. This girl has such a way with words, I wish I wrote them down more often. Some I can remember:
*Eve, after sitting on her foot while eating breakfast. "um mom? I think there is crickets in my foot" Her foot had fallen asleep.
*Sharing is becoming more and more difficult for her. But you often hear her say things like this "Graham, thanks for sharing with me! I will take your car and you can have this cheerio" So apparently he can share with her well, but it doesn't go the other way around very often.
*I had some friends over to watch the "Bachelorette" , it started after her bedtime, but she was still awake. She came down the stairs, and looking at all the company, said "Mom, can I please watch with you?"
I replied "no honey, it's passed your bedtime."
She tilts her head down with a puppy dog face says "I just want to spend time with you mom."
As my heart is just getting crushed, I said "Ok, why don't I come and lay down with you for a few minutes?" She quickly wipes off the solemn face and says "No thank you." and she walks away.
Ouch....but I have to hand it to her, she's good. She almost had me.
* She has become better at expressing her feelings, not always in the way I would choose, but it is getting better. It's usually layered with TONNES of guilt. Such as, anytime she gets in trouble, she replies with something to the effect of: "Mom, It makes me so sad when you get mad at me...I just want you to be nice all the time...because I love you"
*Everything with this girl is a negotiation. She never just listens and obeys to what she is told. She always has to negotiate to some degree. For example,
"Mom, can I have mac and cheese for lunch?"
"Eve, we should have something healthier than that."
"Please, mom"
"Ok, but you have to eat your carrots first." There are about 5 baby carrots on her plate
"How about I just eat 3, because I'm three."
"No, let's eat all 5"
"Um, how about I do a bite of carrot for a bite of mac n cheese?"
"Ok, but I want to have the first bite to be mac n cheese"
This is just one example, every meal time is some version of this. She makes me laugh.
*She is still convinced that there is a baby in her belly, just like mom. It has been a girl for the last 5 months, but just recently she decided it was a boy. I asked her why it's not a girl, and she replied with "mom, I have just magic, I changed it to be a boy"
I just love all the dialogue that goes on with this kid in the house. I hope she never changes, as challenging as it makes things, I do enjoy the laughs. She has the biggest, best personality of all time. Oh to be three....
No comments:
Post a Comment