Little miss Greta turned 6 weeks old (a week late to post I know) and it is great. She is still my little slice of heaven. Ok, my other two are also slices of heaven, just smaller slices sometimes. She is gaining handsomely, about 9 lbs and a bit, not exactly sure. She has gotten herself on a slight routine lately, nothing exact, but I can at least have a slight idea of how evenings and nights go.
With my oldest, I was much more concerned with schedules. Waking Eve to eat, making sure she had her exact times for nap/awake time, leaving activities because "it's nap time! I must get her home to nap only in her crib!" With only one baby, it's easy to dwell and sweat the small stuff, because you give all your time and energy to this little bundle. It's just natural for you as a mother to do so. You want everything to be perfect and make sure you do your best always, even if it inevitably leaves you frazzled and exhausted.
Now, having 3 kids, it forces you to prioritize. You are in survival mode the majority of the time, let alone thinking about schedules. She sleeps when she sleeps, and she's awake when she's awake. Now that she's gaining well, I never wake my sleeping baby. I barely get out of the house, let alone leave my precious outings for her nap. She naps well in her car seat, swing, crib, really anywhere her siblings can't touch her, so I let her nap wherever.
She's a great baby, not fussy, great sleeper, mellow, and so delicious. She is starting to get more chub, and I'm loving it. She sleeps one 5.5 hour stretch at night, anywhere from 11 or midnight to 4 or 5. It's bliss. The two hours before her long stretch is so nice, the house is quiet, and it's just our alone time. I get one on one with Eve and Graham during the day, but nights are for Greta and I. She loves her pacifier, but doesn't need it to sleep thank goodness. Once she falls asleep she spits it right out, that's helpful because then I know she's definitely asleep :) she just outgrew all of her newborn clothes....no lies, I wept a little. This is such a precious stage of life, I think no matter what, you're sad to let it go.


No comments:
Post a Comment