She has done so much better with Graham as well. Before, he was such an aggravation to her, he was still a baby and didn't understand how to play with her, and such made her quite frustrated. I'm not sure if it's seeing teeny weeny Greta, but somehow the gap between Eve and G has gotten smaller. She's more patient with him, she interacts so much better with him, and includes him much much more. He seems like less of a baby brother, and more of simply a younger brother. Does that make any sense? I love seeing/hearing them play together, and although things usually end with one either screaming or in tears the time prior to that is heavenly. I am really looking forward to how Greta will fit in the mix, but at the same time I want her to be a baby forever.
Eve surprises me every day, she's such a passionate little person, I marvel at how much emotion can fit in such a small being. When she is happy, she's so incredibly happy, and so goes the opposite side.
She's understanding things so much more, especially aspects of the gospel. She says her prayers all by herself, and sometimes says the sweetest most unpredicted things. She's got such a king heart, her prayers are always for the welfare of others, it is so humbling to hear. Don't get me wrong, occasionally a "bless me I can get a new tinkerbell doll" or "please bless Graham at he won't steL my toys" slips in there, but hey, she's only 3. I would be more surprised if those things didn't enter her mind.
She's also decided that she can now tie her own shoes. Impressive, right? What's impressive, is that she can cause such a complex series of knots that it takes me eons of time to untie. But she feels so proud when she does it herself, it's too adorable to stop. She can do bath time all by herself, you get the tub ready, and wash her hair, that's it. She plays and can do the rest herself. She cleas up her toys, drains the tub, dries, get dressed, lotion (sometimes) and can sort of brush her own hair. It's soo nice!
The big girl is in dance this year, and she loves it! It's the highlight of her week.msnes doing really well, and she listens to her teacher much better than she does me haha.
Some of my new favorite Eve quotes:
*if I have something she can't have eg. Diet coke, she says "but mom, you have to share with me, Jesus says so"
*i hear from the backseat while driving "c'mon lady, let's goooo!" Apparently when I mumble under my breath she hears every word.
*in a public bathroom stall "mom, I need my privacy." So I turn around and face the door. Then I hear (with thick attitude along wih an eye roll) "mom, that means you need to get out of here, I will tell you when I'm done"....excuse me? She certainly has high demands for a 3 year old.
*when we have to leave somewhere or go to bed "please mom, I need 5 more minutes! Ok, maybe only 2.... Can I please have 3 more minutes? I promise to be good!" As always, everything is a negotiation.
*when she's frustrated "ahh, I want to be the mom so I can be the boss!!" That's right Eve, when you're the mom, you can be the boss.



No comments:
Post a Comment