The drive. Did not go as planned. We were going to drive to CT, spend the night, drop the kids at our old nanny's house, and spend a day in NYC before continuing. Well as we approached CT, Skotty wasn't feeling well, so we took it easy at our friends the Francia's house. He went to bed early. But by morning he had flu like symptoms, feeling like strep (which he gets a lot) and it was raining pretty hard out. It was forecasted to rain all day, so we decided to skip the city and just push on to Canada that day so he could spend more time recovering in PEI before returning to work.
As fun as it was driving across the Canadian border in Canada day, it was a rough day for driving. I wasn't feeling well either, but Skott was much worse. Kids were troopers, just happily watched their DVDs and ate heir snacks.
It was easy for the boys to use the bathroom, they can go wherever, whenever. Whereas for us ladies, it's more complicated. Early in the day, as we were going through Massachusetts, we stopped at a McDonald's so we could grab breakfast. Skott went in first, to order food and what not. Eve days in a panic, "I have to pee!" So I asked if she could just wait until he got back, because I can't leave the babies to take her in. So we decided to just let her use the potty chair we had in the van for emergencies.
Well that was easy, in theory. As I'm helping her up, Skott came back, and Eve was in a panic! She is so concerned with privacy and modesty lately, that to see her in panties was the end of the world. Anyways, the side door opens, she's dressed, and as I step outside my sandal got caught on the potty seat dumping all of her pee out all over my legs!! Gross!!!
To be honest, it's not the worst thing that has happened to me when it comes to my kids bodily fluids, but the timing wasn't ideal. (Is it ever though?)
Skott let out this bellowing laugh. He couldn't catch his breath. And even by the time I had come back out after cleaning myself up, he was still cracking up. As nasty as it was, it was the first I had heard him laugh that day and he said he started feeling a bit better.
There aren't many people you can drive over 26 hours in 2 days with. But I'm so glad I had him. No arguments, no impatience, just laughs and good times. It wasn't perfect, but we laughed our way all the way home.


No comments:
Post a Comment