Monday, December 7, 2015

My little trooper -Sept 30, 2015

Well after many hours of research, reading, and spending time with nutritionists. I think we have a good idea of what to do. I've learned a lot about reading food labels, contacting manufacturers, facilities, etc. I've become much more educated on good substitutions that can keep her diet healthy and balanced. Also, since she is at risk of developing typeI diabetes, we also have to watch her bloo sugar levels as best as we can, just as a precaution. 
It's been a challenge, but honestly, this girl has the right personality for this. She understands why she needs to eat the way she does, and she understands why it's important not to "cheat", "trade", or share food with fellow students. She understands why she hasn't been growing, and she is ready to get healthy again. She's a big fan of chicken and soup, so that's a bonus! 
I've also learned about the hazards of cross contamination! It's a real challenge for me, as I was instructed to keep some gluten containing foods in the younger two's diets, I have to be constantly aware of where that food is, the crumbs (if any) it produces, and to be dilligent of cleaning up after it ASAP so as it doesn't contaminate any of Eve's food etc. 
But I'm so lucky Eve is the way she is, she is so mature and so understanding. 

No comments:

Post a Comment