Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Savannah Half Marathon

I had the pleasure of running my first half marathon! It's something I've wanted to do, I just never thought I'd do it after having 3 kids! I got to have a great weekend with a bunch of my friends from the ward, some ran the half marathon relay and a few of us did the full half. But we did enjoy some time away just the girls, Shopping, chocolate eating, and lots of chatting. Braden was a real gem taking friday off work and staying home with the girls. (Graham was in DC having his week with auntie April). 
It was an incredibly hot and HUMID day. I actually saw a handful of people along the race getting taken away in ambulances because they had collapsed. It was a hard race due to weather conditions, but I finished, and I beat the time I had hoped for. So all in all, It was a great weekend! Rascal Flatts was there waiting at the finish line preforming an outdoor concert. 
My first half marathon time: 2:09 







No comments:

Post a Comment