Tuesday, October 14, 2014

4 generations

4 generations. 4 generations of women, all who dedicate their lives to their children and family. I have two incredible mothers to follow. I can only hope and pray I even dust the surface of their example. It was such a treat to go and spend some time with my grandmother. She is such a darling lady, and even though she was a stickler about some things, she was always sweet about it. She's doing so well , I am impressed at how well she gets around and all with a smile. 
It was an absolutely beautiful drive, once you get passed the 6+hour thing! just kidding. The scenery was absolutely breath taking, especially once you make it on to Cape Breton Island. We stopped at my moms favorite bakery in Baddeck and picked up the most amazing strudel I've ever tasted. Greta was very intrigued by grandmas cabinet that held all her collectibles, I feel like I almost had a heart attack while watching her. She's so active, and there were so many breakables...you do the math. But with a lot of patience from grandma, we had a great visit. Eve talked her ear off, and somehow convinced her to push her around in her walker. Seriously, that girl has some serious negotiating skills. It was so great to see her. 
We drove over the bridge to get off PEI, but on the way back, we decided to take the Ferry. I thought it would be a nice rest from all the driving, and Eve was so excited "to go on the ferry boat!" Although I do think she thought it was a "fairy" boat. She seemed a little confused when a ship pulled up, with little glamor. But it was all worth it. 






No comments:

Post a Comment