Greta turned one. I am in denial. My baby is becoming less and less of a baby, and I don't like it. Not one little bit. Unfortunately, it's all part of the grand plan, so I've just got to deal with it. We had a little party for her with my family, and we did the watson tradition, DQ ice cream cake. It's one of my favorites. My dad always enjoyed this little tradition, he loved to pick out the picture that went on the top of the cake, he always put such thought into, and made them really personalize it for whomever a birthday it was.
It was sad not having Braden there, it was such a big milestone. But we skyped him in and he got to watch the whole thing. Greta was just blabbing "dadadada" while shoving cake in her mouth. We all ate the ice cream cake, but she got a special red velvet giant cupcake just for her. However, the second we got a picture, Graham went in and snuck a taste before she could even get her hands on it.....he's good. It was so fun getting to celebrate with my sister and and her family along with my parents. Being so far away from family, it was nice to spend a big moment of Greta's with them.
She did not disappoint. She tackled that cake. It is my favorite part of first birthdays, seeing the baby make a complete mess of themselves and the cake.
Happy birthday sweet Greta, although I'll never forgive you for growing up on me. I love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment