PreK. Pre-kindergarten. As in, one more year and I completely lose my first born to the public school system. What?! When did she get so old? She's way more than ready to go, way more ready than I. She was so excited, she had been counting down the days for weeks until she gets to go to school. She knows her material, and is a social butterfly, I knew she'd be fine.
But somehow that didn't keep me from crying. As she was getting ready to get into the car with Braden, I couldn't help but cry. Have I done enough? Does she know I love her? Will she be ok? Will the kids be nice to her? What could I have done to better prepare her?
But then, a miracle happened. After she gave me a thumbs up, she wiped away my tears and said, "it's ok mom, it will be so fast to when you can come and pick me up." I was reminded that she's ready. She's so grown up inside that tiny little body, she's amazing. As she and Braden pulled away, she teared up a bit, because she would miss mommy. But that soon faded when she got to show dad her cubby and classroom.



No comments:
Post a Comment