Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Finished product! Table completed

Finished! It took a few weeks, and I learned a lot, but I finally finished it! Our farmhouse table and bench is finally up in the house. After everything, it ended up costing about less than 10% of what I would have paid for it in the store. So I'm very happy about that. Also learned that to get a "distressed" look, you just need to let Graham help you. He dropped hammers on the table top before it was sealed, and used sandpaper wherever he felt like it, added character right? the kids love that they can all sit along the bench and "nobody touches". So there's that. 
It was my first time using a kreg jig tool for pocket holes, and I'm a huge fan. Inobviously didn't build the chairs, I ordered those online. They are completely wipeable, that was a huge factor in the decision making process. 



No comments:

Post a Comment