I love my people. We are all really kids at heart. My best memories are from late night shenanigans and banter with my family. We spent many late nights playing Settlers of Catan ( I know, incredibly nerdy, but so much fun) and also many hours spent playing cards, namely the game scum. See the big chair at the head of the table, that's reserved for who is in the "president" seat. And scum has the footrest with no back support. I think Scott, Braden and mark were the only ones who didn't spend some time in the scum seat....next time boys. These moments for me are priceless. The playful trash talk, with reminicing old times, mom and dad still find out new thing every time we all get together.
My parents were kind enough to let us be big kids for a day, they watched all 7 grand babies so the adults could do universal studios for a day. Highlight of the trip!
Driving up to it, on Christmas Eve, we saw the insane amounts of cars lined up to get into the parking. We were debating if we should just turn around and skip it, but the man at the parking boho said it only gets worse after Christmas. So we decided to brave it and try it out. Well, it was crazy packed, but we took a bit of a risk, and purchased the "fast pass" option they have. It's a bit of a sting on the wallet, but it completely changed our experience. We knew we only had one day to do this, so we went for it. With this pass you can skip all lines! We never waited more than 10-15 mins to get on a ride. And some, like the new Harry Potter dragon ride, we were able to ride back to back 4 times! We spent our entire day doing non stop roller coasters and thrilling rides, it really was like being a kid again.
Although there was one roller coaster, the rock n roll one, (see above) that you literally travel straight in into the air, I genuinely was fearing for my life! I love a thrill, no rides really scare me, but this one I was nearly in tears. No shoulder straps, and the waist bar I must not have had on tight enough, because if felt like I was going to fall out of my seat. My siblings thought the video they display of you afterwards was pretty funny, they've never seen my face like that.
I found this little beauty wearing one of uncle Scott's white elephant gifts.
This was my parents' work of art. How great that they still had a little Christmas tree, or tree-ish for us? I thought it was brilliant, I should have done it at home, way less work keeping Graham out of it.
Christmas was magical, the Edeards family made our Christmas breakfast, we all read the story of Christ's birth, and we all had a great morning chatting, and calling the siblings that couldn't make it.
Our last day before the departure day was spent shopping, out at the pool, and just lounging. It was perfect. It was a sad goodbye, lots of tears as we parted ways. I can't wait until we meet again.
It was especially hard for Eve to say goodbye to Sophie, these little cousins are so cute together, they are best buddies. They are attached at the hip whenever we get together.






No comments:
Post a Comment