Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Greta's first solids

Lately I've been wondering when to introduce cereals to Greta. I really have wanted to put it off, simply because I didn't want to take on any new challenges just yet, figured I had until she was 6 months. Well, the 5 month mark is this week, and she has been waking up more at night. She wakes anywhere around 4 times a night. She watches us eat, and follows our forks with her eyes, and throws out a quick grab every once in a while. So I finally decided to try a little cereal with her to see if that helps. I figured it couldn't hurt to try, if she wasn't ready, she'd let me know in her own way. I assumed it would be like her siblings, a big mess with no actual food intake, and lots of fuss. Not the case! She continues to amaze me. She slurped up that cereal so fast, very little mess and very little fuss. The only fuss was that I didn't keep the spoon coming fast enough. We were both very impressed at how well she ate and how much she liked it. Any apprehensions I had about this next step, have been put to rest. She's an all star. 

No comments:

Post a Comment