Braden and I made the decision to start allowing Eve to put herself to sleep. I have heard mixed reviews, I know some people agree with it, and some don't, but we decided that she was ready and that was best for us. So the first night I was preparing for this heart wrenching experience, we made sure to start when Braden was going to be home for bedtime for a stretch of nights and everything. So we did our little routine, she ate, got her gums brushed, story, song, and got her goodnight kisses from her dad. So I laid her down, and went to the basement to listen to the monitor. And to my surprise, she didn't cry. She just talked to herself, I could hear random babble and squeals. After about 10-15 minutes the babble just stopped, and she was asleep! So thinking this wasn't normal, the next night I was expecting the crying etc. Same thing, she just chatted herself to sleep! Tonight is the 3rd night that we have done this, and she was great. Her first nap of the day she usually puts herself to sleep, she just drifts off while she is playing. Her long nap of the afternoon she needs a little help to go to sleep, we will get to this one eventually. I am so proud of her, she is such an awesome baby!
I love this picture, she has learned how to grab hair, and successfully pull it out. While this was being taken, she had grabbed and pulled my hair so I turned my head away, and Braden snapped the picture. It looks like she's punching me in the face...I just think it's funny
No comments:
Post a Comment