Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Wicked

So since we moved out east we have wanted to go see a Broadway show, but our financial situation hadn't yet allowed us to go, and then we had a baby, and you all know how frequent dates are after that. we were lucky enough to have Braden's mom in town to watch the baby. Anyways, most every time we went into the city for whatever reason we always made sure to go to the Wicked theater to try our luck at the "Wicked Lottery". This happens everyday at 11:30 am and 5:30 pm. People line up, usually anywhere from 50-150 depending on the day, and they write their name down on a piece of paper as well as they want one or two tickets. Two is the maximum you can request. Anyways, at noon and 6 pm they draw out 12 names and those lucky individuals get front row seats for $26.25 a ticket! We had tried four times prior, and this particular time we went to the city to go to the temple, and were totally prepared to just see if we could find some cheap nosebleeds to some show. So Braden suggested we at least go try to win the Wicked Lottery. Second name drawn out was Braden!
We were so excited! I had never seen a Broadway show before, and was thrilled that my first experience was going to be front row! The show was amazing, I didn't know a thing about it other than it was some form of a "pre-quel" to the Wizard of Oz. It definitely lived up to all it's hype, I had such a good time.
We got this sweet little souvenir as we purchased our tickets, as well as many envious glances, and rightfully given! I guess 5th time's a charm. So for those interested in seeing Wicked, try your luck out at the lottery. It's disappointing if you don't draw out, but when you do, it's totally worth the previous let-downs.

1 comment:

  1. So lucky! I love Wicked...I've seen it twice and as soon as it's over i want to watch again.

    ReplyDelete