One of the things about PEI that I have a love/hate relationship with, is the "go with the flow" attitude.
I love it, because it helps me relax, and really centers me. I also hate it, because sometimes I can't just get the things I want when I "need them". Being on the Island is like rehab for the instant gratification our generation has become to accustomed to.
For instance, the grocery stores close at 6, and sometimes earlier. Nothing is open past 8 p.m. unless you are willing to drive "into town" 30 mins away, and even then its only a few places and a gas station.
And this, this tiny shack is the best Fish n' Chips I've ever eaten. Its perfection really. However, he's only open when he feels like it. luckily, its not too far from mom and dad's house, but if you ever see the shutters open, you swerve over and get em while they're hot! Every time we drive by, dad always says "slow down, I can't see if he's open!"
I love it, because it helps me relax, and really centers me. I also hate it, because sometimes I can't just get the things I want when I "need them". Being on the Island is like rehab for the instant gratification our generation has become to accustomed to.
For instance, the grocery stores close at 6, and sometimes earlier. Nothing is open past 8 p.m. unless you are willing to drive "into town" 30 mins away, and even then its only a few places and a gas station.
And this, this tiny shack is the best Fish n' Chips I've ever eaten. Its perfection really. However, he's only open when he feels like it. luckily, its not too far from mom and dad's house, but if you ever see the shutters open, you swerve over and get em while they're hot! Every time we drive by, dad always says "slow down, I can't see if he's open!"
But with all the "inconveniences" it's still the best.
No comments:
Post a Comment