Thursday, September 10, 2015

First day of Kindergarten for Eve (Aug 25, 2015)

First day of School, this is huge. Full day, public school. She's ready. I thought I was. Who was I kidding? She was really excited, she laid out her favorite outfit, she told me a few days ahead how she wanted her hair done, and couldn't wait to wear her new school shoes. 
She did so well on meet the teacher night, that really helped. The school does a "staggered start" so the first week of school they only have 5 kids per day, so they get the entire day to get to know the teacher and classroom.
I made her a little bracelet to help with first day jitters. But Eve was most excited for her "special time with daddy." Braden gets the chance to walk her to school every morning, and that is their time to chat and enjoy eachother. 
I had so many emotions, I was so worried for her. She's quite the serious, and also sensitive little lady. She's so mature, she doesn't connect easily with kids her age, and she isn't a huge fan of big crowds. When more than a few kids are over for a play date, Eve quietly slips away to have "her alone time". I'll find her in the guest room quietly drawing, and happy to do just that. Her version of fun is just a little different, and that's A-ok. But it was a little concerning for me, I was worried she would have a tough time in a big class. 
Well I had nothing to worry about. she did so well, and had such a good day! She had so much to tell me! Picking her up was so exciting for the babies, especially Graham, he rushed to her and gave her the hugest hug! We all missed her, but she loved it, and didn't miss us a bit. 
I survived another milestone, phew.





No comments:

Post a Comment