Tuesday, September 8, 2015

First trip to the Beach 2015

It was a chilly summer in beautiful PEI. Partly was because living in the high heat of North Carolina, we are pretty intolerant of cold weather, maybe thats just me. Also, this just happened to be a cooler summer than usual, it was wet, and was in the low 70s on good days. It wasn't ideal for swimming in the ocean, but perfect for sand play. And luckily that is the preferred activity for the kiddos. 
I had a good time watching them play, and joining in. I really liked seeing them be so much more independent that last year! It's amazing how much can change in a year. Last year Greta was a baby, trying to crawl through and eat the sand. 
Well, she still eats sand, but not nearly as much as she used to. Graham is happy as long as he has a truck, shovel, and a bucket. I really never heard from him much, he just went into his own world and had an elaborate filling and dumping out sand routine. 
What I found the most interesting, was the difference in my girls. Eve spent her day "searching for beautiful and precious things." aka shells and sea glass. She just loves pretty things, and loves to find little treasures. Even at Greta's age, she was into shells and such, not really interested in getting dirty. 
Greta is the opposite. She finds shells boring unless she can throw them or scoop up sand and throw it. She just wants to sit in the sand and make a mess. We leave the beach, and there isn't a spot on her that isn't full of sand. I love how diverse my childrens personalities are turning out to be, they are their own little people already, and I love watching them develop.




No comments:

Post a Comment