My biggest concern was when Eve came home from school, and immediately ran upstairs to change. I Could sense something was wrong, so I asked, "Did your clothes get dirty? why did you change?"
She replied looking at the floor, "no, that shirt makes me look fat."
I feel like I could hear my heart shatter. How could she possibly feel like that? We make a note of never using that word in the house ever, i mean never. If she ever asked "Why do you and dad go to the gym?" We respond with things like "We want to keep our bodies healthy so we can be your parents for a really long time." Never anything but health discussed.
But somehow, the bloating has made her realize the she looks a little different than the rest. I don't think kids at this age are trying to be mean, but when one asked Eve if there is a baby in her belly, that made her (and us) sad. She's too young for this. She's very mature and intuitive, I've always said shes 5 going on 15. But this is too much.
We had some good talks about body image, and how God makes us all differently, but we are all perfect the way he made us. We tried on all her clothes and kept everything that makes her feel "awesome", and discarded the ones that don't.
I've been heartbroken about this whole situation, about her health, and how it's affecting her on the inside. The mommy intuition is real, and I've known something is going on for a while. Hopefully we can find ourselves some answers. She is an amazing, brave, smart, and kind little girl, and nothing is going to change that. I'm going to do everything to make sure nothing breaks her spirit.
No comments:
Post a Comment